Thursday, September 22, 2011

ABC Animal Art Book

I love integrating art into the classroom!  Since the students are learning the alphabet, I decided it would be a fun idea to have them create their own ABC book with an animal art project for each letter.  This is more work than I expected...but it will totally be worth it!  And the kids think its so cool to see their artwork hanging in the classroom.

For a lot of the art I do a thing called "Follow Me Art."  This is an activity we all do together and I tell the students what to draw step by step.  Its fun because all of the students receive the same instructions but their work turns out sooo differently.  Here are some of the Follow Me art pieces.

                             


                             

                         

I have also done "Tear Art" with my kids.

                             

In learning lab groups (groups of like 5 or 6 students) I melted crayons for the dragonfly wings.

                       


Before each art lesson I tell the kids that they are artists!  I tell them that artists work in silence and they keep their work to themselves until they are complete.  This helps the students stay focus and feel like they are real artists.  It's so fun to see what they come up with! 


No comments:

Post a Comment